NYT Buys The Athletic

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Resmo112

Re: NYT Buys The Athletic

Post by Resmo112 »

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:23 am Ontario:
https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data
Around Christmas - around the time Omicron hit - you can see the vaccinated/capita jet past the unvaxxed/capita.
The scottish herald article I highly doubt you read, because it's behind a pay wall, but it stresses that the vaccine is important, This data from ontario doesn't mean that people are more likely to get it, the vaccinated are more eligible to travel in canada, there's a lot of factors that go into this, but again, this is something that instead of analyzing the data, you're just going to find data that suits your opinion. You've literally just proven you're incapable of analyzing data, again. but whatever please continue to be the perfect example of dunning krueger.

Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:00 am
Resmo112 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:32 pm Its a real possibility that we have a walk out by teachers and healthcare workers this year. It's been almost 2 years where they've been asked to do too much. Yet, people like Pops sit here and spout pseudoscience from his mom's basement.
Wouldn't that be something? If teachers walked out and told the word they were happy to give away their jobs to tech companies.

For the first time in years, Americans are making it clear how important it is to have students in school, taught by teachers.

And teachers want to give away public schools to remote learning companies.

Imagine the tech firms just laughing at their fortune.
ok, yeah so we can have the same problem we already have with private prisons. Privatizing isn't always the answer. Most problems in the USA are caused by over privatization, and under regulation.
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

BTW - I asked for 1 study, you provided a cherry picked graph, that doesn't support your point that the vaccine makes you more susceptible to rona, an article you didn't read, but from what I can see before the paywall loads is it still rec vaccines, and public health data, again, which is out of context and leaves out multiple variables. Thanks for proving you have no idea what you're talking about.
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2116063

Peer reviewed study from the NE Journal of med.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanc ... 8/fulltext

Peer reviewed study from the lancet.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... t-20484859

A good article from the mayo clinic for lay people.

the difference between my data and yours, all come from reputable sources, I've provided a full article, not just banner headlines for articles I didn't read and can't read because they're behind a paywall, none are just cherry picked graphs, all have citations and peer review.

Not to cite my own resume, but last summer I was published in the journal of Feline surgery and med for my work in Feline corona virus, while its a very different virus, to say that you even know half as much as me as to how corona virus functions and how vaccines work is idiotic.
Barbrady

Post by Barbrady »

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:36 pm
Barbrady wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:31 pm Pop Zeus really has gone full blown dipshit reactionary. It's just like heyfolks never left.
Barbrady can't make a point that stands up on its own, so he resorts to insults.
Exactly how the Dems behave on Twitter.
They fritz out so fast.

Democrat: We need to close our schools during Omicron to protect our kids!
Normal person: Look at the data, kids aren't at any real risk from COVID/Omicron.
Democrat: But they can bring it home to their parents.
Normal person: And their parents, if they are at risk, can be vaccinated to put them at low risk, too.
Democrat: Spews insults and calls you a murderer (or a full-blown dipshit reactionary).
I mean, I was just referring to you taking a false popular reactionary Kapernick trope as fact in this thread.

But glad to see you were able to turn it into an additional 5 pages of knee-jerk reactionary covid takes.
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:20 am https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/198 ... ref=twtrec

SCotland
DOUBLE-JABBED Scots are now more likely to be admitted to hospital with Covid than the unvaccinated amid an increase in elderly people falling ill due to waning immunity.

It comes amid "weird" data showing that case rates have been lower in unvaccinated individuals than the single, double, or even triple-jabbed since Omicron became the dominant variant in Scotland.
BTW, you know how I know you didn't read this article, because I subscribed to the free trial to the scotish herald and I'd like to share the article with you.

"The admissions data does not differentiate between patients in hospital 'because of' Covid and those who tested positive while being treated for other ailments, but PHS said the high hospitalisation rate for double-vaccinated individuals is being driven by increasing admissions among over-70s who are not yet boosted and whose immunity is waning.

It added: "In other age groups the rates remain lower for those with two doses compared to those with one dose or unvaccinated.

"This group of individuals aged 70-plus who have had two doses of vaccine but have not yet had a booster may include some very vulnerable individuals."

"She added that the higher case rates in the double-vaccinated are being driven by infections among over-40s whose immunity is waning, but who have not yet taken up or become eligible for boosters.

She added: "The vaccination status of cases, inpatients and deaths should not be used to assess vaccine effectiveness because of differences in risk, behaviour and testing in the vaccinated and unvaccinated populations.""

you literally cited an article you didn't read. You cited a fucking BANNER HEADLINE as evidence and cited an article that COMPLETELY DISAGREES WITH YOU!?!?! I'm honestly really happy I decided to do this, you sit here and state that "I read studies" and cite a fucking article that doesn't even agree with you, that you didn't bother to read! I hope everyone who sees this realizes how fucking stupid you are and how idiotic your opinion is. I will now be unsubscribing from the Scottish Herald so I'm not hit with the 12 dollar subscription fee 1 mo from now.
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

OMG, I can't stop thinking about how you think you're so fucking smart, and cited an article that you didn't even Read! this is the funniest thing that's happened to me today! Best news! Its a fucking FREE MONTH TRIAL! You could've signed up for free, and read it before making an ass of yourself! But you didn't!?!?! This is incredible!
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Resmo112 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:29 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:00 am
Resmo112 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:32 pm Its a real possibility that we have a walk out by teachers and healthcare workers this year. It's been almost 2 years where they've been asked to do too much. Yet, people like Pops sit here and spout pseudoscience from his mom's basement.
Wouldn't that be something? If teachers walked out and told the word they were happy to give away their jobs to tech companies.

For the first time in years, Americans are making it clear how important it is to have students in school, taught by teachers.

And teachers want to give away public schools to remote learning companies.

Imagine the tech firms just laughing at their fortune.
ok, yeah so we can have the same problem we already have with private prisons. Privatizing isn't always the answer. Most problems in the USA are caused by over privatization, and under regulation.
Then get to fucking work and stop being jealous of all the laptop/zoom class.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Resmo112 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:26 am
Around Christmas - around the time Omicron hit - you can see the vaccinated/capita jet past the unvaxxed/capita.
The scottish herald article I highly doubt you read, because it's behind a pay wall, but it stresses that the vaccine is important, This data from ontario doesn't mean that people are more likely to get it, the vaccinated are more eligible to travel in canada, there's a lot of factors that go into this, but again, this is something that instead of analyzing the data, you're just going to find data that suits your opinion. You've literally just proven you're incapable of analyzing data, again. but whatever please continue to be the perfect example of dunning krueger.
Nobody's saying the vaccine isn't important you stupid fuck.
The vaccine is SUPER important for anyone at risk.
An 80-year-old with 4 comorbidities has 1000x more risk than a healthy 20 year old.

But we're not talking about health outcomes.

We're talking about SPREAD.

Ontario's OFFICIAL Data - The official COVID Page of the Ontario Health Ministry - Shows MORE SPREAD among the vaxxed than the unvaxxed.

You can't handle the official data in front of your eyes.

Here it is again
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

Pop Zeus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:34 pm
Resmo112 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:26 am
Nobody's saying the vaccine isn't important you stupid fuck.
The vaccine is SUPER important for anyone at risk.
An 80-year-old with 4 comorbidities has 1000x more risk than a healthy 20 year old.

But we're not talking about health outcomes.

We're talking about SPREAD.

Ontario's OFFICIAL Data - The official COVID Page of the Ontario Health Ministry - Shows MORE SPREAD among the vaxxed than the unvaxxed.

You can't handle the official data in front of your eyes.

Here it is again
Yes, I've already addressed this, WITH YOUR SOURCES AS TO WHY YOU HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. I literally proved that when they say "spread amongst the vaccinated" Is a multi-factoral issue that isn't summed up with numbers. You literally CITED AN ARTICLE THAT DISAGREED WITH YOU, and now are trying to move the goal post. And again, YOU'RE ARGUING WITH A DOCTOR PUBLISHED FOR HIS WORK ON CORONA VIRUSES! You're not even capable of reading your own sources, please shut the fuck up.