Game 22: Buffalo @ Detroit, 7 p.m., Saturday

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
DocBrown

Re: Game 22: Buffalo @ Detroit, 7 p.m., Saturday

Post by DocBrown »

…..and the d man did screen the goalie. The puck just missed his blade and the goalie was sliding over to cover the angle. How many Wings could have launched a shot like that? Larkin and……Suter maybe and ???? Wings unfortunately don’t have anyone else to do something like that. Raymond’s wrister is nasty.

EuroMan

Post by EuroMan »

This was definitely a lucky goal but I'm glad he was lucky. That shot is usually a waste of valuable possession in overtime 9 out of 10 times
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Pop Zeus wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:45 pm
Wizard of Corsica wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:00 pm Oh Nonsense Ray Ray did a nice job using the defensemen as a screen and got everything on it. Did a nice job changing the angle a tiny bit. The goalie will want another shot at it but he was well beaten.
Right.
Goalie will want another shot at it because it was a shot goal to give up from that distance. Period.
Shooter can't control how bad the goalie is. That's why I saw luck's involved.
At the moment of release, I was like, why is he wasting the possession?
Someone who knows more about hockey than all of us once said something like "100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in."
_sg_

Post by _sg_ »

holytoledo wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:58 pm
Pop Zeus wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:45 pm
Wizard of Corsica wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:00 pm Oh Nonsense Ray Ray did a nice job using the defensemen as a screen and got everything on it. Did a nice job changing the angle a tiny bit. The goalie will want another shot at it but he was well beaten.
Right.
Goalie will want another shot at it because it was a shot goal to give up from that distance. Period.
Shooter can't control how bad the goalie is. That's why I saw luck's involved.
At the moment of release, I was like, why is he wasting the possession?
Someone who knows more about hockey than all of us once said something like "100% of the shots you don't take, don't go in."
i think he also wrote the book, "somehow i manage"
Barbrady

Post by Barbrady »

Arthur Kaliyev would have put that shot top shelf, no problem. Even the greatest goalies in NHL history wouldn't have been able to stop it. Overrated Lucas Raymond has to rely on going 5-hole on weak goalies.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

Barbrady wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:02 am Arthur Kaliyev would have put that shot top shelf, no problem. Even the greatest goalies in NHL history wouldn't have been able to stop it. Overrated Lucas Raymond has to rely on going 5-hole on weak goalies.
It is harder to score 5-hole goals now (it is harder to score in general because goalie equipment is so much better) than it used to be but players still shoot for it when the opportunity is there and they score goals regularly.
Quick release under the d-man's stick. Clutch. Beauty
Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

One last note on the Raymond goal. This ice level view is awesome, he re-aligns the shot so ungodly quick while the goalie can't see.

If it was Datsyuk's work it would instantly be hailed as art.