Calder trophy watch and news

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
hiramnicak

Re: Calder trophy watch and news

Post by hiramnicak »

DocBrown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 pm Yesterday I skewered Ras and he scores. Now Zadina's turn. But I stand by my words. Look at a Zadina compilation and see the way he scores. I haven't done the math but I think he's roughly on track for last year.
We all want to see more production, but his goal today was beautiful. He’s also only twenty-one, and his game has improved a lot this season. I’m still a pretty big believer in him.

holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

hiramnicak wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:01 am
DocBrown wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:08 pm Yesterday I skewered Ras and he scores. Now Zadina's turn. But I stand by my words. Look at a Zadina compilation and see the way he scores. I haven't done the math but I think he's roughly on track for last year.
We all want to see more production, but his goal today was beautiful. He’s also only twenty-one, and his game has improved a lot this season. I’m still a pretty big believer in him.
That was a beauty and the kind of goal he’s supposed to provide. Hopefully that’s just the start of something more for him.

I don’t think he’s going to be the first line winger we expected but I think he’s turning into a solid 2nd liner. With Raymond, Bert & Vrana we’re pretty well set at wing. Add Zadina, Raymond, Berggren, Soderblom and Tyutev (whatever) to that mix and we have an embarrassment of riches at wing.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

Pop Zeus wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:34 am
Zattaman wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:33 pm Larkin's game is all speed. Once he gets going, he gets tunnel vision. I've always felt his production is a result of excellent physical attributes rather than IQ.

Last night, Raymond made a quick brilliant no-look pass in front of the net to an open Larkin. I don't know if Larkin would have made the same play. I think he would have just shot the puck.

I hope they put him at C at some point. Maybe not this season, but, given his high IQ and speed, I think he could supplant Larkin as the top center.

That spin around pass was deflected right to Larkin. Kind of lucky.
It wasn't deflected. It was a beautiful precise pass. Wtf?
Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

Pop Zeus wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:34 am
Zattaman wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:33 pm Larkin's game is all speed. Once he gets going, he gets tunnel vision. I've always felt his production is a result of excellent physical attributes rather than IQ.

Last night, Raymond made a quick brilliant no-look pass in front of the net to an open Larkin. I don't know if Larkin would have made the same play. I think he would have just shot the puck.

I hope they put him at C at some point. Maybe not this season, but, given his high IQ and speed, I think he could supplant Larkin as the top center.

That spin around pass was deflected right to Larkin. Kind of lucky.
You cannot be serious. Where’s lilja4mvp, this calls for a Professional troll.
lilja4mvp

Post by lilja4mvp »

Pop Zeus wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:34 am That spin around pass was deflected right to Larkin. Kind of lucky.
This is the key shot. The puck going back and to his left. Shot from the front and right. Totally inconsistent with the pass from Raymond. Again, back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. So what happens then? Pandemonium.
Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

lilja4mvp wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:59 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:34 am That spin around pass was deflected right to Larkin. Kind of lucky.
This is the key shot. The puck going back and to his left. Shot from the front and right. Totally inconsistent with the pass from Raymond. Again, back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. Back and to the left. So what happens then? Pandemonium.
Right, So Roger McDowell or Lee Harvey Oswald should have gotten the primary assist.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

I don't know what the fuck you guys see but that puck went from Raymond directly to Larkin
raw

Post by raw »

Yeah there was no deflection on that pass, strange calling it lucky. You would be singing a different tune if your boy AA hade made that pass though.
Barbrady

Post by Barbrady »

Fil Zaronek wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:55 pm
I don't know what the fuck you guys see but that puck went from Raymond directly to Larkin
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »