OT: Other sports/music/news, etc

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Wizard of Corsica

Re: OT: Other sports/music/news, etc

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

I know less about football than I do about hockey, but I love Dan Campbell. He's been letting ride all year. I always bet on them out of loyalty in my pool, and they went 11-6 this year against the spread. That's damn good for a 3 win team.

Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Jaster is aiming to be a mod at HFboards.
And he's on the right track.
Just be dismissive and rude to anyone who criticizes anything about the Wings - and those mods love you.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

CNN goes another step down the "hospitalized with" vs "hospitalized because of"

Over at Hfboards, medical expert and pro-science commissar Bench would ban Jake Tapper's ass.
_sg_

Post by _sg_ »

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:00 pm I know less about football than I do about hockey, but I love Dan Campbell. He's been letting ride all year. I always bet on them out of loyalty in my pool, and they went 11-6 this year against the spread. That's damn good for a 3 win team.
I have a bad feeling that after all this rigmarole (ok maybe you count Quinn and Patrica as just one big unit of rigmarole), we're going to end up back at Jim Caldwell 2.0. Probably not being completely fair to Campbell here, but he kind of has the same feeling. Players like him, but maybe not a high enough ceiling to take this godforesaken franchise to glory.
DocBrown

Post by DocBrown »

Michigan finishes third in final poll. If you're Harbs you gotta know your chances of winning a national championship are next to nil for as far as the eye can see.....as the SEC plays on a different plane than anyone else. Harbs tried to recruit down there with only marginal success. How does an ultra competitive guy function in that environment? He doesn't. I say he goes to the pros where he at least operates on a level playing field vs other franchises. I don't think money is a deciding factor here.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

_sg_ wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:07 am
Wizard of Corsica wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:00 pm I know less about football than I do about hockey, but I love Dan Campbell. He's been letting ride all year. I always bet on them out of loyalty in my pool, and they went 11-6 this year against the spread. That's damn good for a 3 win team.
I have a bad feeling that after all this rigmarole (ok maybe you count Quinn and Patrica as just one big unit of rigmarole), we're going to end up back at Jim Caldwell 2.0. Probably not being completely fair to Campbell here, but he kind of has the same feeling. Players like him, but maybe not a high enough ceiling to take this godforesaken franchise to glory.
I disagree. My concerns with the lions coaching has always been preparation, players failing to develop, and not altering the game plan or being too predictable. In campbell's first year he showed a lot of growth, the players all played WELL above their pay grade. The team didn't always look prepared but in most games they came out swinging, and the team adjusted as it went along. He's an unorthodox coach for sure, but he's unpredictable, I love the Chaos of it, and I think the players are buying in and want to play for him.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

DocBrown wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:27 am Michigan finishes third in final poll. If you're Harbs you gotta know your chances of winning a national championship are next to nil for as far as the eye can see.....as the SEC plays on a different plane than anyone else. Harbs tried to recruit down there with only marginal success. How does an ultra competitive guy function in that environment? He doesn't. I say he goes to the pros where he at least operates on a level playing field vs other franchises. I don't think money is a deciding factor here.
There have been 8 CFP champs crowned. The ACC has won twice, the Big 10 has won once. Of the SEC championships Alabama has won 3 of their 5. It’s really just one program way out in front of everyone, including their own conference.

The NIL and transfer rule changes are a big game changer right now. UM should really be able to take advantage of the NIL changes. They are more of a national brand than any of the SEC teams IMO.

Not so sure about Harbaugh being the right guy but UM can and should definitely compete for Nattys.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

90s indie at its best
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

90s indie at its best
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

hiramnicak wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:01 pm 90s indie at its best
Man, you know how many times I played along to that on guitar? Drove parents and roommates crazy