OT: Other sports/music/news, etc

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Re: OT: Other sports/music/news, etc

Post by Pop Zeus »

Sugar Kane is sometimes my favorite SY song.
Other times

Corny as it is
I still love Kool Thing

And just because I like silly amounts of noise - and they way they groove in and out of it

Just some weird dream-like noise and then it grooves out in some weird punk song

Barbrady

Post by Barbrady »

Fuck The Packers!
The closest a Lions fan will ever get to knowing what winning a Super Bowl feels like is reveling in the final Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay post-season collapse.

Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Rooting for 49ers Bengals rematch.
Go Bengals!
_sg_

Post by _sg_ »

Never thought Rodgers would be that great talent who lost focus type, but he's absolutely in that territory now.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Been said all over the internet - but the NFL's overtime system is bunk.
_sg_

Post by _sg_ »

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:49 pm Been said all over the internet - but the NFL's overtime system is bunk.
It's not great, but last night was the worst case scenario.

Can't remember a game with both offenses being *that* successful heading into overtime.

If one team has the momentum going into OT, a win feels earned for either team. If it's a defensive struggle, a win feels earned. Heck, even if both teams are flying relatively high, it still feels like they "made the most of the opportunity". Last night was something different.
Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

People are going to complain about the OT rules in football no matter what.

The current iteration is a little cruel, but oh well, that used to be one of football's selling points.

Kansas City had utterly broken the defense of the Bills, which very possibly could have avoided OT by kicking not kicking off into the end zone after their last touchdown.

I think the quality of the football last weekend is being a little oversold. The Saturday games were both pretty excruciating to me, until the end. The Sunday games were more interesting, but mainly by comparison. The endings were obviously epic.

I think this weekend's games could be great, top to bottom. I also would like the Bengals vs. Niners threematch.
DocBrown

Post by DocBrown »

The goat speaks and my decoder ring says we might have seen his last game....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/ ... ement/amp/

My wife is my biggest supporter. It pains her to see me get hit out there. She deserves what she needs from me as a husband, and my kids deserve what they need from me as a dad. I’m going to spend some time with them and give them what they need cuz they’ve really been giving me what I need the last six months to do what I love to do.

“You know, I said this a few years ago, it’s what relationships are all about. It’s not always what I want, it’s what we want as a family. I’m going to spend a lot of time with them and figure out in the future what’s next.”
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

DocBrown wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:41 am The goat speaks and my decoder ring says we might have seen his last game....

My wife is my biggest supporter. It pains her to see me get hit out there. She deserves what she needs from me as a husband, and my kids deserve what they need from me as a dad. I’m going to spend some time with them and give them what they need cuz they’ve really been giving me what I need the last six months to do what I love to do.

“You know, I said this a few years ago, it’s what relationships are all about. It’s not always what I want, it’s what we want as a family. I’m going to spend a lot of time with them and figure out in the future what’s next.”
Tom Brady was the QB in the last Super Bowl I watched - 2002.
The only thing I remember about that game is U2's halftime show, when they played Where the Streets Have No Name, as the names of the 9/11 dead scrolled across giant screens behind them.
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:27 pm
DocBrown wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:41 am The goat speaks and my decoder ring says we might have seen his last game....

Tom Brady was the QB in the last Super Bowl I watched - 2002.
The only thing I remember about that game is U2's halftime show, when they played Where the Streets Have No Name, as the names of the 9/11 dead scrolled across giant screens behind them.
There are literal players in the NFL right now, that Tom Brady played against their dad's. The man is not human