2022 NHL Entry Draft

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
holytoledo

Re: 2022 NHL Entry Draft

Post by holytoledo »

holytoledo wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:54 pm
Resmo112 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:47 pm
Murmansk16A wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:59 am

That'd be a no.
with Savoie, Nazar, among other potential top 6 centers on the board you take a winger?
Gauthier can play C and could easily end up being a better NHL center than Nazar or Savoie just due to his size and physical play. I think he is more of a sure thing as a top 6 player than Nazar.
Damn reading is fundamental. lol

Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

Murmansk16A wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:59 am

That'd be a no.
with Savoie, Nazar, among other potential top 6 centers on the board you take a winger?
Gauthier can play C and could easily end up being a better NHL center than Nazar or Savoie just due to his size and physical play. I think he is more of a sure thing as a top 6 player than Nazar.
Still on the board, just saying no reason to take JS if Stevie isn't 100% sold on him
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Resmo112 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:30 pm

Still on the board, just saying no reason to take JS if Stevie isn't 100% sold on him
I agree. I’m all for BPA but there’s positional value in that equation. The positional value of C for our org is incredibly high.
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

Corey Pronman
@coreypronman
Draft eligible forward Marco Kasper named Austria's player of the game in today's match vs USA.

dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

I've been looking at mock drafts and a lot of them have the Wings picking Nazar. Other name have been Yurov twice, Savoie and Lekkerimaki. By far most seem to have the Wings picking Nazar. Of course that doesn't mean anything come draft day. Wings could have a vastly different rankings than what most people have.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

dcz28 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:06 pm I've been looking at mock drafts and a lot of them have the Wings picking Nazar. Other name have been Yurov twice, Savoie and Lekkerimaki. By far most seem to have the Wings picking Nazar. Of course that doesn't mean anything come draft day. Wings could have a vastly different rankings than what most people have.
Yeah and he’s down in the 20s on some boards. I love the kid’s story and I’m sure he dreams of being a Red Wing. I think he has a high ceiling, but his floor concerns me a lot. I think Gauthier is the safest pick out of him, Nazar, Kasper & Lekkermaki.
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

holytoledo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:06 pm
dcz28 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:06 pm I've been looking at mock drafts and a lot of them have the Wings picking Nazar. Other name have been Yurov twice, Savoie and Lekkerimaki. By far most seem to have the Wings picking Nazar. Of course that doesn't mean anything come draft day. Wings could have a vastly different rankings than what most people have.
Yeah and he’s down in the 20s on some boards. I love the kid’s story and I’m sure he dreams of being a Red Wing. I think he has a high ceiling, but his floor concerns me a lot. I think Gauthier is the safest pick out of him, Nazar, Kasper & Lekkermaki.
Hard to say how things will go in this draft. The only one i see in the same order in every mock draft is Wright going 1st overall. Most have either Slafkovsky or Cooley going 2nd but i've seen Slafkosky even going 4th or 5th in some. After that it varies more although Nemec seems to come up a lot. Gauthier i've seen going 6th to the Jackets, 7th to Ottawa or even out of the top 10.

Even with all the rankings, Yzerman and their scouts have their own rankings and the guy they take at 8th might be like Seider...someone ranked to go later and nobody has the Wings picking him or it could be someone that nobody expects to slide to them.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

dcz28 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:41 pm
Hard to say how things will go in this draft. The only one i see in the same order in every mock draft is Wright going 1st overall. Most have either Slafkovsky or Cooley going 2nd but i've seen Slafkosky even going 4th or 5th in some. After that it varies more although Nemec seems to come up a lot. Gauthier i've seen going 6th to the Jackets, 7th to Ottawa or even out of the top 10.

Even with all the rankings, Yzerman and their scouts have their own rankings and the guy they take at 8th might be like Seider...someone ranked to go later and nobody has the Wings picking him or it could be someone that nobody expects to slide to them.
Yeah, seems like after Wright, Slavkofksy, Cooley & Nemec opinions vary greatly. Gauthier seems to be the steadiest late riser and I’ll be surprised if he’s on the board at 8. I think he could go straight go to the NHL and play a season at wing, then move over to C, but I think he’s committed to Boston College. I just hope we stay away from Lambert.
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

holytoledo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:32 pm

Yeah, seems like after Wright, Slavkofksy, Cooley & Nemec opinions vary greatly. Gauthier seems to be the steadiest late riser and I’ll be surprised if he’s on the board at 8. I think he could go straight go to the NHL and play a season at wing, then move over to C, but I think he’s committed to Boston College. I just hope we stay away from Lambert.
Lambert seems to be all over the place. People rave about his skills but the numbers weren't there at all this season...kind of like Raty last season. Raty did bounce back this season with almost a point per game in Liiga. Difference is Raty slid to the 2nd round while Lambert is still being talked about as a first round pick with a lot still having him in the top 10. He seems like the biggest boom or bust player of the 1st round right now. He doesn't sound like an Yzerman type of pick though.

If he slid late 1st or early 2nd, i wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. Maybe Yzerman should call the Leafs and offer to take Mrazek for the Leafs 1st or Knies. I wouldn't take Mrazek for anything less than that.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

dcz28 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:17 pm
holytoledo wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:32 pm

Lambert seems to be all over the place. People rave about his skills but the numbers weren't there at all this season...kind of like Raty last season. Raty did bounce back this season with almost a point per game in Liiga. Difference is Raty slid to the 2nd round while Lambert is still being talked about as a first round pick with a lot still having him in the top 10. He seems like the biggest boom or bust player of the 1st round right now. He doesn't sound like an Yzerman type of pick though.

If he slid late 1st or early 2nd, i wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. Maybe Yzerman should call the Leafs and offer to take Mrazek for the Leafs 1st or Knies. I wouldn't take Mrazek for anything less than that.
Yeah, I wouldn’t mind a flyer on Lambert if he fell in our laps, but I don’t think I’d spend a top 20 pick on him. Too many red flags.