2022 NHL Entry Draft

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
dcz28

Re: 2022 NHL Entry Draft

Post by dcz28 »

Are teams seeing this draft as somewhat weak? Sens GM came out and said he would be willing to trade their 1st (they finished 7th) for a player that helps them now and the Devils GM came out and said the same (Devils finished 5th). Both team with top 10 picks looking to trade their picks for help now. Sens are said to be looking for a top 6 right winger and maybe a top 4 right handed defenseman. Not sure about the Devils but it is likely a top 6 winger i would imagine.

Would the Sens be open to Hronek for the 7th and if so would the Wings even want to do that? Maybe if Yzerman thinks he can turn around and sign Klingberg. The Devils pick would likely take something like Bertuzzi or Vrana i would imagine. The only problem for the Wings is if they would make these kind of trades, they would make themselves worst for now unless whoever they draft can step right in and play well or if Yzerman thinks he can sign a replacement on the UFA market or make a cheaper costing trade for a player he thinks can step up and fill the void. Would Yzerman also be willing to trade their top pick for someone that can help now like those teams?

Machine

Post by Machine »

I would do the Hronek trade
As for the forwards I want Yzerman to get a 2C and see how everyone does under a new coach
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

I think Hronek + Zadina and maybe a third would get us one of those picks. If Cooley is on the board at that time I’m down.
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

holytoledo wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:06 pm I think Hronek + Zadina and maybe a third would get us one of those picks. If Cooley is on the board at that time I’m down.
I'm not sure the Devils would want Hronek with Hamilton and Severson on their right side though. I think they want a proven top 6 scoring winger. Ottawa does need a righty top 4 to either play with Chabot or one to maybe play with Sanderson. Dorion the Sens GM can be fleeced on deals...hell he gave the Canucks a 3rd round pick to take Hamonic that they just wanted to get rid of and probably would have given something for someone to take him. Pretty sure he would jump at getting Hronek and Zadina for that pick and Yzerman probably could talk him into doing it for Hronek straight up. He makes a lot of dumb moves as a GM.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

dcz28 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:55 pm
holytoledo wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:06 pm I think Hronek + Zadina and maybe a third would get us one of those picks. If Cooley is on the board at that time I’m down.
I'm not sure the Devils would want Hronek with Hamilton and Severson on their right side though. I think they want a proven top 6 scoring winger. Ottawa does need a righty top 4 to either play with Chabot or one to maybe play with Sanderson. Dorion the Sens GM can be fleeced on deals...hell he gave the Canucks a 3rd round pick to take Hamonic that they just wanted to get rid of and probably would have given something for someone to take him. Pretty sure he would jump at getting Hronek and Zadina for that pick and Yzerman probably could talk him into doing it for Hronek straight up. He makes a lot of dumb moves as a GM.
2 top 10 picks would be awesome. Ottawa has a 13.4% chance of landing one of the top 2 picks and the Wings have a 12.4% chance. If the Wings were to acquire Ottawa's pick only Montreal and Arizona would have a better chance of landing the top pick or the second pick.
Could sweeten the deal by talking on a portion (or all of it if necessary) of Murray's contract (still a few years left though, till 23-24)
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Fil Zaronek wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:47 pm
2 top 10 picks would be awesome. Ottawa has a 13.4% chance of landing one of the top 2 picks and the Wings have a 12.4% chance. If the Wings were to acquire Ottawa's pick only Montreal and Arizona would have a better chance of landing the top pick or the second pick.
Could sweeten the deal by talking on a portion (or all of it if necessary) of Murray's contract (still a few years left though, till 23-24)
Ottawa probably won’t trade their pick - if they do at all - before the lottery
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

holytoledo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:00 pm
Fil Zaronek wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:47 pm

Ottawa probably won’t trade their pick - if they do at all - before the lottery
If they get the 1st or 2nd overall, yeah i think they keep it. If it is 7th to 9th, then they likely will look to move it...though that doesn't mean they will get a deal done for what they want. Probably the same thing for the Devils. Pretty rare that teams move a top 2 pick. Lottery is tomorrow so we will know where every team picks (those out of the playoffs). Teams thinking of moving picks will likely start talking to lay some groundwork although moves might wait until closer to the draft or at the draft when teams know who is left on the board at those picks.
Duke

Post by Duke »

LET’S GO RED WINGS!!!
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

Some wild new lists came out today:

YEAR.MOBLOGGER (BLOG)123GEEKIENAZARKASPERLAMBERT
2022.05Corey Pronman (The Athletic)WRIGHTSLAFKOVSKYCOOLEY18171214
2022.05Craig Button (TSN)WRIGHTCOOLEYKEMELL31242735
Bob McKenzie also dropped his top five (seven including Jiricek and Savoie):
  1. Shane Wright
  2. Juraj Slafkovsky
  3. Logan Cooley
  4. Simon Nemec
  5. Joakim Kemell
...David Jiricek and Matt Savoie knocking on the door.
Last edited by hiramnicak on Mon May 23, 2022 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

Snuggerud?