2022 NHL Entry Draft

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

I think Leddy's poor production is going to lower his trade value.
It might mean Detroit signs him - and maybe to a cheaper contract.
3x3.5M maybe?

holytoledo

Pop Zeus wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:37 pm I think Leddy's poor production is going to lower his trade value.
3x3.5M maybe?
That’s be OK with him as a place holder for Edvinsson, Johansson, McIsaac etc. as long as we don’t bring DDK back with term as well.
hiramnicak

Pop Zeus wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:37 pm I think Leddy's poor production is going to lower his trade value.
3x3.5M maybe?
i don't think anyone gives up a first for him, and if that's the case, i'd rather re-sign him. he's been a net positive for this team.
Fil Zaronek

DocBrown wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:37 pm Wondering what the Wings could get for Leddy. That appears to be likely outcome at the trade deadline to deal him for pick(s) I suppose. I read all this stuff about what kind of genius Lamoriello was for dealing him and now I think they wish they had him. He's been a good D man for the Wings....we will need to replace him....or maybe extend him if he's agreeable????
Bean was had for a 2nd as well. He has 4 points in 13 games (nearly identical to Leddy's ppg pace). Bean is playing 22 minutes a night and is even deployed short-handed.
Leddy has been pretty good. We really needed another d-man who could move the puck but hated giving away a 2nd for a 30 year old vet.
DocBrown

I hadn't seen Leddy's numbers till now and while they are underwhelming he passes the eye test for me. It's going to be hard to flip him for a number 1 at this pace and I'd try extend him as a place holder unless Wings can get a high 2.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
holytoledo

Fil Zaronek wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:13 pm
DocBrown wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:37 pm Wondering what the Wings could get for Leddy. That appears to be likely outcome at the trade deadline to deal him for pick(s) I suppose. I read all this stuff about what kind of genius Lamoriello was for dealing him and now I think they wish they had him. He's been a good D man for the Wings....we will need to replace him....or maybe extend him if he's agreeable????
Bean was had for a 2nd as well. He has 4 points in 13 games (nearly identical to Leddy's ppg pace). Bean is playing 22 minutes a night and is even deployed short-handed.
Leddy has been pretty good. We really needed another d-man who could move the puck but hated giving away a 2nd for a 30 year old vet.
Bean would've been a much better solution. I wonder if Stevie just wanted a vet. Seems like since this came closely after the deal for Ned that Bean would've been discussed with Carolina as well. I would be so stoked to have a future top 4 of Bean - Seider, Edvinsson - Hronek. We'd be set for years if we can afford to keep them all. Lindstrom is a servicable bottom pair guy at least and all we'd need to have is one of our gazillion lefty D's to pan out as a bottom pair D.
_sg_

Wonder if the Wings will take a look at Vlad's bro: https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/5 ... amestnikov
hiramnicak

it looks like we're tracking for a pick in the 10-15 range. good news is that there are currently 13 players i see dog-eared as top 3 picks from one source to another.
Pop Zeus

hiramnicak wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:13 pm it looks like we're tracking for a pick in the 10-15 range. good news is that there are currently 13 players i see dog-eared as top 3 picks from one source to another.

The Wings' are .080 better on point percentage than I had them pegged.
In some ways, it's smoke and mirrors.
I think the wings GF/GA differential (-16) is closer to the Wings' actual level than their points.

The Wings have gotten a lot of back-up and third string goalies from coaches looking to give their team a break, it seems. And to the Wings' credit they've cashed in.

Mo Seider and Lucas Raymond have obviously helped.

And I think, more than recently, it's fair to say when the Wings are good, they've been good. Especially at home at home they're 11-3-2.

But that goal differential?
I think that speaks to something really ugly about the team.

Detroit's been helped by Buffalo and Ottawa being Buffalo and Ottawa. By Montreal doing exactly what one might think they'd do without Price and Weber.
Boston with all their problems, is just waiting to zoom past Detroit.

Boston, with their injuries and suspensions, is still poised to overtake Detroit, obviously.

Still, while I expect Detroit to obviously fall from the playoff picture, I'm not sure how far they can fall.
Boston is the only team behind Detroit's obviously going to finish ahead of the Wings in the standings. Columbus and maybe Philadelphia could be in the mix in the east.

Out west, there are more middle-of-the-road teams with potential to sink.

Teams that Detroit should finish ahead of
Arizona
Montreal
Ottawa
Seattle
Chicago
Buffalo
Vancouver
San Jose
Chicago
New Jersey
Philadelphia
NY Islanders

That puts Detroit around 13th.
Maybe Columbus stays behind Detroit. But maybe the Islanders get hot and push for the playoffs.
Murmansk16A

I don't know about you pessimists, but I think the Wings could end up 9th worst in the league, and good lottery could take them much closer to #1.