Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Re: Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

Post by Pop Zeus »

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:28 pm A somewhat interesting write up by Bultman about the state of the D prospects, with quotes from Horcoff and some coaches. The main thing that stuck out to me is that he takes it as given Johanssen has a shot to make the opening night roster next season. In my mind he was not that far along. I guess I better try to catch a Färjestad game or 2 here soon:

https://theathletic.com/3081109/2022/01 ... ts-future/
He's got a shot.
But I'm not sure I'd say it's anywhere near a given.
I think Edvinsson might have a better shot.

Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

holytoledo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:52 pm
dcz28 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:46 pm
holytoledo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:09 pm

Of course he’ll want term. He’s 28. If we can sign him for less than 7 years great, but I’d be Ok with 7 on the right deal. We are likely done with drafting NHL ready or near-ready prospects. We need an LD and a 1C/2C to round out our roster and start to compete. It’s time to look elsewhere than the draft for some of these pieces or else blow up the team and start over with Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson & Cossa. A 28 year old D would fit well with our current core.

Stevie hasn’t given out term or $ in the UFA market because he was only signing guys that were not worth either.

Sign Lindholm & Hertl and let’s roll.

Vrana - Hertl - Namestnikov
Raymond - Larkin - Bert
Fabbri - Suter - Zadina
Smith - Rasmussen - Veleno

Lindholm - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Johansson - Lindstrom
Oesterle

Ned

I’m good with that. We’d still have a decent crop of prospects too.

Definitely a playoff team, if not in year 1, by year 2. Could upgrade a few of those forwards though, either internally or externally.
I would be fine with signing Hertl and Lindholm but they also need to want to sign with Detroit. Kadri is another option but he is 31 and having a career year (by a lot) in the last year of a contract...he is going to be way overpaid when he goes back to his career average next season. Trocheck could be a similar option to Hertl or plan B i guess. Not sure i would want Domi. Montreal got rid of him because he couldn't be their #2 center and wanted too much money.
LOL - completely agree. I’d give Kadri a shot on the right deal though.

If Steve Yzerman can’t recruit UFAs to Detroit then he isn’t worth much.
Feels like Kadri is going to price himself into a range I wouldn't like
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

holytoledo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:52 pm
dcz28 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:46 pm

Of course he’ll want term. He’s 28. If we can sign him for less than 7 years great, but I’d be Ok with 7 on the right deal. We are likely done with drafting NHL ready or near-ready prospects. We need an LD and a 1C/2C to round out our roster and start to compete. It’s time to look elsewhere than the draft for some of these pieces or else blow up the team and start over with Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson & Cossa. A 28 year old D would fit well with our current core.

Stevie hasn’t given out term or $ in the UFA market because he was only signing guys that were not worth either.

Raymond - Larkin - Bert
Fabbri - Suter - Zadina

Lindholm - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Johansson - Lindstrom
Oesterle

Ned

Definitely a playoff team, if not in year 1, by year 2. Could upgrade a few of those forwards though, either internally or externally.
I would be fine with signing Hertl and Lindholm but they also need to want to sign with Detroit. Kadri is another option but he is 31 and having a career year (by a lot) in the last year of a contract...he is going to be way overpaid when he goes back to his career average next season. Trocheck could be a similar option to Hertl or plan B i guess. Not sure i would want Domi. Montreal got rid of him because he couldn't be their #2 center and wanted too much money.
LOL - completely agree. I’d give Kadri a shot on the right deal though.

If Steve Yzerman can’t recruit UFAs to Detroit then he isn’t worth much.

You know how GMs are, one of them is going to give Kadri a massive long term deal (based on this season only) thinking he will replicate this when we all know he is more likely to fall back to his career average.

Yzerman i don't think has tried to get any big names so far in FAs but his job to sell it will be much harder in Detroit than it was in Tampa. Players often look at winning a cup, weather and taxes (Tampa had all 3). Wings are not a contender yet, don't have the nice weather and not a tax free state. Doesn't mean he can't sell players on this team and the future but it won't be as easy as it would be for some other teams.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

holytoledo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:49 pm
Fil Zaronek wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:30 pm

Raymond - Larkin - Bert
Fabbri - Suter - Zadina

Lindholm - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Johansson - Lindstrom
Oesterle

Ned

Domi scheduled to become UFA. If we can get either Hertl or Domi, I think we should be able to compete for a playoff spot. I think Berggy will be on the team next year and I wouldn't be shocked if Soderblom cracks the lineup
Yeah, Berggren will be up. That probably means we don’t need Namestnikov, but I think Soderblom is in the A if he comes over.

I don’t Domi is a 2C on a contender. Trocheck, Strome or even Kadri would be better options.
"Even Kadri"? Kadri is 4th in the league in scoring. Problem with signing Kadri is that he has never produced nearly as much previously. Colorado hasn't even played half of their games yet and he has already tied his 2nd most productive season and only 6 points off his best. Colorado is the highest scoring team in the league so it would be tough for anybody on the team to match their production on another. Most players have outlier seasons where they produce a lot more or a lot less than on seasons before and after and Kadri is going to get paid based on this season.
Strome had a great season with the Hawks the year he was traded to them but has been a disappointment since. Suter was more productive than Strome last year.
Trochek would be awesome
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Fil Zaronek wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:42 pm
holytoledo wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:49 pm
Fil Zaronek wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:30 pm
Domi scheduled to become UFA. If we can get either Hertl or Domi, I think we should be able to compete for a playoff spot. I think Berggy will be on the team next year and I wouldn't be shocked if Soderblom cracks the lineup
Yeah, Berggren will be up. That probably means we don’t need Namestnikov, but I think Soderblom is in the A if he comes over.

I don’t Domi is a 2C on a contender. Trocheck, Strome or even Kadri would be better options.
"Even Kadri"? Kadri is 4th in the league in scoring. Problem with signing Kadri is that he has never produced nearly as much previously. Colorado hasn't even played half of their games yet and he has already tied his 2nd most productive season and only 6 points off his best. Colorado is the highest scoring team in the league so it would be tough for anybody on the team to match their production on another. Most players have outlier seasons where they produce a lot more or a lot less than on seasons before and after and Kadri is going to get paid based on this season.
Strome had a great season with the Hawks the year he was traded to them but has been a disappointment since. Suter was more productive than Strome last year.
Trochek would be awesome
Yes, you just made the case for why “even Kadri” - not to mention his age.
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Another big game for Hanas.
Plus a Cossa clean sheet.
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

Two more goals and an assist for Mastrosimone. He's having a nice year.

Here's the other goal:

That is 7 goals in his last 6 games.
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

Red Wings Prospects
@DRWProspects
#NCAA
BU 4-0 win:
- Mastrosimone 2+1, +3, 2 SOG, 2 PIM
- Phillips 0+0, +/- 0, 3 SOG

Denver 8-5 win:
- Mazur 0+3, +2, 4 SOG
- Buium 0+2, +/- 0, 2 SOG
- Tuomisto 0+0, +/- 0, 1 SOG
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

Another good game for Hanas. Not so good for Cossa.