Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

hiramnicak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:06 pm Carter Mazur has five goals and seven points in his last four games. Anyone have a chance to watch him? I’ve only seen highlights, but these stats are pretty solid for a freshman.
Haven't watched him - but Denver scores a lot of points
https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/lea ... 92022.html

Fil Zaronek

Pop Zeus wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:00 pm
hiramnicak wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:06 pm Carter Mazur has five goals and seven points in his last four games. Anyone have a chance to watch him? I’ve only seen highlights, but these stats are pretty solid for a freshman.
Haven't watched him - but Denver scores a lot of points
https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/lea ... 92022.html
Kenny stole Savoie in the 4th round this year.
raw

Pop Zeus wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:38 pm I like Dobson better than Seider.
Dobson is smooth as well. Not as physical. but way more skilled and definitely a powerplay QB.
So, do you still like Dobson better?
Dobson 98 games, 5 + 22 for 27 points.
Seider 25 games, 3 + 14 for 17 points.
Not too bad for being way less skilled. :)
Pop Zeus

raw wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:05 pm
Dobson is smooth as well. Not as physical. but way more skilled and definitely a powerplay QB.
Yes.
Blashill, because these are his boss's picks, is giving these guys EVERY opportunity.
Trotz is treading Dobson like a rookie on a veteran team.
Fil Zaronek

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:35 pm
Yes.
Blashill, because these are his boss's picks, is giving these guys EVERY opportunity.
You're a fucking idiot :lol:
hiramnicak

Dobson and Seider weren’t even the same draft class. We could’ve had both. Heck, we could’ve gone:

Dobson, Seider, Sanderson, Edvinsson
raw

Yes.
Well, the boss's picks are actually performing when they are getting every opportunity, something Dobson hasn't been able to do in his 3rd NHL season. Whenever Dobson got increased ice time, he couldn't prove he deserved to keep those minutes. Just way too inconsistent, especially in his own zone. The boss's picks proved that they deserved increased ice time, and more importantly, to keep those minutes. I still believe Dobson will turn out to be a fine dmen as he is still very young, but Trotz has given Dobson opportunities but he just didn't perform good enough to keep those minutes. But it's funny how Seider has gotten every opportunity pretty much everywhere he has played. In the DEL, AHL, SHL and now NHL. And then he keeps those minutes. Do you think he would have gotten the same opportunity if he played for Trotz? And more importantly, do you think he would have kept those minutes?
Pop Zeus

raw wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:06 am

Yes.
Well, the boss's picks are actually performing when they are getting every opportunity, something Dobson hasn't been able to do in his 3rd NHL season. Whenever Dobson got increased ice time, he couldn't prove he deserved to keep those minutes. Just way too inconsistent, especially in his own zone. The boss's picks proved that they deserved increased ice time, and more importantly, to keep those minutes. I still believe Dobson will turn out to be a fine dmen as he is still very young, but Trotz has given Dobson opportunities but he just didn't perform good enough to keep those minutes. But it's funny how Seider has gotten every opportunity pretty much everywhere he has played. In the DEL, AHL, SHL and now NHL. And then he keeps those minutes. Do you think he would have gotten the same opportunity if he played for Trotz? And more importantly, do you think he would have kept those minutes?
Right.
Look, I like both prospects. Raymond, while I think his stats are inflated, has shown us, in comparison to Zadina, what a real prospect winger looks like. Despite still being small and weak and not particularly fast, he just has a nose for this game and a scorers touch (I'm a bit surprised by it).
Seider is less surprising.

But Trotz and Blashill came into this season with very different ideas.

If you can't see the about face Blashill has done this year...

Seider - Game 1, 20:21 against Tampa
Raymond - Game 1, 16:27 against Tampa

There was no working them in.
There's no benching them or demoting them after an off game.

It's hard to say anything about this Islanders team.
Barzal has 13 points - 8 at 5-on-5.
The team is having a nightmare season - going 11 straight games without a win.

But I like what I see in Dobson.
He's being brought a long a little more slowly.
Well - he was until Pulock's injury
Now he's playing 23-25 minutes a night.
We'll see how he does in a big role.
raw

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:32 pm Seider - Game 1, 20:21 against Tampa
This is irrelevant. My point is that it doesn't really matter when you get the opportunity, what matters is what you do with the opportunity when it presents itself. In this case, Seider (and Raymond) did the most with it, Dobson didn't, otherwise he would still be getting that same every opportunity that you're talking about.
Not all players should be worked in either. If they show the good stuff early on (like Mo and Ray did in pre-season), why should they be worked in? Give them an opportunity, if it works out then fine, if not, then reduce their minutes and roll.
Not everybody has to be brought along the exact same way.
Pop Zeus

raw wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:32 pm Seider - Game 1, 20:21 against Tampa
This is irrelevant. My point is that it doesn't really matter when you get the opportunity, what matters is what you do with the opportunity when it presents itself. In this case, Seider (and Raymond) did the most with it, Dobson didn't, otherwise he would still be getting that same every opportunity that you're talking about.
Not all players should be worked in either. If they show the good stuff early on (like Mo and Ray did in pre-season), why should they be worked in? Give them an opportunity, if it works out then fine, if not, then reduce their minutes and roll.
Not everybody has to be brought along the exact same way.
It's irrelevant to you, not to me.
I still believe a lot in Noah Dobson.
If we had Dobson vs Zadina from that draft, we'd be in a better spot today.