Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
holytoledo

Re: Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

Post by holytoledo »

Tankathon has a with a > 80% chance at picking 12 right now and taking this guy: https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/players/i ... shnichenko.

TBH: Not a fan of taking a LW, but he looks like one helluva value at 12.

They have all of the Cs I’d really like gone before 12 but Rutger McGroarty is 13 on their board. I’d be good with him, seems like he might just be in the next tier below Miroshenicko.

hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

holytoledo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:50 pm Tankathon has a with a > 80% chance at picking 12 right now and taking this guy: https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/players/i ... shnichenko.

They have all of the Cs I’d really like gone before 12 but Rutger McGroarty is 13 on their board. I’d be good with him, seems like he might just be in the next tier below Miroshenicko.
Have you seen either play this year? I’m not a huge fan of either one. I have strong doubts McGroarty gets picked in the first. Looks more like a third or fourth rounder to me. There are much better USNDTP guys, besides the other guys in the draft. I’d sooner take Cooley, Chesley, Nazar, Gauthier, Kaplan, Howard, or Snuggerud from that crew (obviously Cooley goes long before our pick unless we lottery up). And I wouldn’t pass on Öhgren, Trikozov, Pickering, Nemec, Jiricek, et cetera (depending on who is available) for Miroshnichenko either.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

hiramnicak wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:20 am
holytoledo wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:50 pm Tankathon has a with a > 80% chance at picking 12 right now and taking this guy: https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/players/i ... shnichenko.

Have you seen either play this year? I’m not a huge fan of either one. I have strong doubts McGroarty gets picked in the first. Looks more like a third or fourth rounder to me. There are much better USNDTP guys, besides the other guys in the draft. I’d sooner take Cooley, Chesley, Nazar, Gauthier, Kaplan, Howard, or Snuggerud from that crew (obviously Cooley goes long before our pick unless we lottery up). And I wouldn’t pass on Öhgren, Trikozov, Pickering, Nemec, Jiricek, et cetera (depending on who is available) for Miroshnichenko either.
Haven't watched a second of these kids except for a couple in the WJCs.
Was kind of hoping for McGroarty...
But man... Maybe not.

I wonder if Brad Lambert's issues cause him to fall.
Machine

Post by Machine »

Someone is bound to fall, is Yzerman gun shy of falling players though
Cough Zadina cough
winged wheel

Post by winged wheel »

It takes a lot to hit Edvinsson in the head with a flying elbow. A commenter mentions that Frolunda gave up 3 shorties on the 5 min power play. Yikes.

hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:55 pm

Haven't watched a second of these kids except for a couple in the WJCs.
Was kind of hoping for McGroarty...
But man... Maybe not.

I wonder if Brad Lambert's issues cause him to fall.
McGroarty has the best name in the draft. I really want to believe in him, but he's kind of tunnel vision, and his skating isn't great. Terrific shooter and all, but I'm not sure I see an NHL player in him. He and Miroshnichenko are falling for reasons.

Lambert... he's a tough one. He's got plenty of skill and should probably still go in the top ten. His league play has been pretty disappointing both statistically and eye-testy, but I've seen enough flash in the pan that I'm not writing him off. I believe he's switching teams again, so it'll be interesting to see how the rest of his season goes. I thought he looked great in the two WJC games. My biggest question with him is how much baggage his dad brings to the table and if it's enough that teams hesitate.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Nope. Just a few clips and highlights here and there, but I am surprised Mesa didn’t make that long list.
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

holytoledo wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:39 pm

Nope. Just a few clips and highlights here and there, but I am surprised Mesa didn’t make that long list.
Mesar? He’s there! He’s an et cetera. As are Wright and Geekie and a dozen others. I like what I’ve seen from and read about him thus far.
winged wheel

Post by winged wheel »

Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

winged wheel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:43 pm
Gives him 26 points in his last 25 games