Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Fil Zaronek

Re: Red Wings Prospect News & Highlights

Post by Fil Zaronek »

Wallinder has been cut from the Swedish WJC team which is surprising considering that by all reports he is much improved this year, having a great year with Rogle and was only left off of last year's WJC because of covid protocol.
Seems Canadians aren't the only ones making strange omissions (Clarke, Savioe, Othmann).

DocBrown

Post by DocBrown »

Fil Zaronek wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:47 pm Wallinder has been cut from the Swedish WJC team which is surprising considering that by all reports he is much improved this year, having a great year with Rogle and was only left off of last year's WJC because of covid protocol.
Seems Canadians aren't the only ones making strange omissions (Clarke, Savioe, Othmann).
Maybe they are pissed Wings said 'no' to Raymond....

https://wingsnation.com/2021/12/08/red- ... d-juniors/

Detroit Red Wings prospects Simon Edvinsson and Theodor Niederbach have been selected to play for Team Sweden at the 2022 IIHF World Juniors.

The Red Wings selected Edvinsson, 18, with the sixth-overall pick at the 2021 draft. The big left-handed defenseman has 11 points (one goal, 10 assists) in 22 games with Frölunda HC of the Swedish Hockey League this season.

Niederbach, 19, is nearly a full year older than Edvinsson and was selected by Detroit in the second round (51st overall) of the 2020 draft. The 5’10” right-shooting winger also plays for Frölunda and has two goals and six points in 26 games.

Unsurprisingly, Lucas Raymond will not be attending the World Juniors. The 19-year-old winger has already become a huge National Hockey League star for the Red Wings, who almost certainly viewed him as being too valuable to let go for the tournament. Raymond has 10 goals and 22 points in 26 games this season.

Also left off the Swedish roster: William Wallinder, who the Red Wings selected with the first pick of the 2020 second round. The 19-year-old left-handed defenseman has 10 points in 21 SHL games with Rögle this season but was omitted from the national team in favour of undrafted players Victor Sjoholm and Mans Forsfjall.

The 2022 World Juniors will take place in the Alberta cities of Edmonton and Red Deer, with the competition running between Dec. 26, 2021 and Jan. 5, 2022.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

DocBrown wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:19 pm
Fil Zaronek wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:47 pm Wallinder has been cut from the Swedish WJC team which is surprising considering that by all reports he is much improved this year, having a great year with Rogle and was only left off of last year's WJC because of covid protocol.

Detroit Red Wings prospects Simon Edvinsson and Theodor Niederbach have been selected to play for Team Sweden at the 2022 IIHF World Juniors.

The Red Wings selected Edvinsson, 18, with the sixth-overall pick at the 2021 draft. The big left-handed defenseman has 11 points (one goal, 10 assists) in 22 games with Frölunda HC of the Swedish Hockey League this season.

Niederbach, 19, is nearly a full year older than Edvinsson and was selected by Detroit in the second round (51st overall) of the 2020 draft. The 5’10” right-shooting winger also plays for Frölunda and has two goals and six points in 26 games.

Unsurprisingly, Lucas Raymond will not be attending the World Juniors. The 19-year-old winger has already become a huge National Hockey League star for the Red Wings, who almost certainly viewed him as being too valuable to let go for the tournament. Raymond has 10 goals and 22 points in 26 games this season.

Also left off the Swedish roster: William Wallinder, who the Red Wings selected with the first pick of the 2020 second round. The 19-year-old left-handed defenseman has 10 points in 21 SHL games with Rögle this season but was omitted from the national team in favour of undrafted players Victor Sjoholm and Mans Forsfjall.

The 2022 World Juniors will take place in the Alberta cities of Edmonton and Red Deer, with the competition running between Dec. 26, 2021 and Jan. 5, 2022.
I’m sure it has nothing to do with that. Raymond is the top scorer on the team. It is only to be expected. Junior aged players who play a prominent role in the NHL never participate in the tournament.
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

Red Wings Prospects
@DRWProspects
Viro on his status after yesterday's hit:
Everything is okay according to doctors, taking it day by day and won't play for TPS tomorrow but will head to the World Juniors next week.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Fil Zaronek wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:51 pm
DocBrown wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:19 pm

I’m sure it has nothing to do with that. Raymond is the top scorer on the team. It is only to be expected. Junior aged players who play a prominent role in the NHL never participate in the tournament.
Wallinder's defense isn't so hot.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

raw wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:06 am
Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:35 pm
raw wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:05 pm

So, do you still like Dobson better?
Dobson 98 games, 5 + 22 for 27 points.
Seider 25 games, 3 + 14 for 17 points.
Not too bad for being way less skilled. :)
Yes.
Blashill, because these are his boss's picks, is giving these guys EVERY opportunity.
Trotz is treading Dobson like a rookie on a veteran team.
Well, the boss's picks are actually performing when they are getting every opportunity, something Dobson hasn't been able to do in his 3rd NHL season. Whenever Dobson got increased ice time, he couldn't prove he deserved to keep those minutes. Just way too inconsistent, especially in his own zone. The boss's picks proved that they deserved increased ice time, and more importantly, to keep those minutes. I still believe Dobson will turn out to be a fine dmen as he is still very young, but Trotz has given Dobson opportunities but he just didn't perform good enough to keep those minutes. But it's funny how Seider has gotten every opportunity pretty much everywhere he has played. In the DEL, AHL, SHL and now NHL. And then he keeps those minutes. Do you think he would have gotten the same opportunity if he played for Trotz? And more importantly, do you think he would have kept those minutes?
You might have seen Dobson tonight.

But the dude is racking up highlights lately
Have you ever seen Seider dance through traffic like this?

The guy Dobson reminds me a lot of is Pietrangelo.

That's an impressive highlight package in 10 days for a defenseman.

He's got to get stronger defensively and reduce the turnovers, but he's going to be elite - PP bomber.
puckstopper92

Post by puckstopper92 »

I liked Dobson as a potential pick during the draft year, but I'll admit I was excited at the time when I saw Zadina fall into our lap. I think it's safe to say I was wrong. I don't think we need to do a Seider Dobson comparison though. Both guys appear to be good to quite good young defensemen in this league that their respective teams should be excited about. But I'm not clicking on the Red Wings prospect thread to see a bunch of clips of an Islanders defenseman.
puckstopper92

Post by puckstopper92 »

Meanwhile, how about Elmer?? I love to see how he's using his body and his reach to protect the puck.

Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Elmer's one of my favorites.