Pierre-Luc Dubois

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
dcz28

Pierre-Luc Dubois

Post by dcz28 »

Apparently Dubois has informed Jets management that he intends to hit the UFA market in 2024. This could be just a ploy to get the Jets to overpay him on a long term contract but he could also mean it. If he won't sign more than a 2 year deal, the Jets could be forced to either trade him now or wait at the trade deadline in 2024 and move him as a playoff rental. The other problem is any team that trades for him could possibly end up in the same position if he still intends to hit the market regardless of what team he is on. If he is traded as a rental, that might not matter as much to some teams but the offers (if you know the player won't re-sign) might drop in quality from some teams.

I don't think i would want the Wings to trade for him now if he intends to hit the UFA market in 2024...as a playoff rental, that would be a big no unless he came very cheap to help for a playoff push or something. If he doesn't sign for more than 2 years this summer, his time with the Jets will be coming to an end soon enough. It is a pretty odd situation to let the team and media know 2 years ahead of time that he intends to leave. Either it's a ploy for more money on his next contract or he wants out of Winnipeg as soon as possible without actually asking for a trade.

hiramnicak

Re: Pierre-Luc Dubois

Post by hiramnicak »

pierre-luc "prima-donna-kov" dubois? if yzerman's intent is to build a team around high compete and high intelligence, as his draft choices have indicated, this little punk doesn't really fit the bill.
Zattaman

Post by Zattaman »

hiramnicak wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:05 pm pierre-luc "prima-donna-kov" dubois? if yzerman's intent is to build a team around high compete and high intelligence, as his draft choices have indicated, this little punk doesn't really fit the bill.
+1

He bailed on Columbus, now he wants to bail on the Jets. I guess he wants to play for a winner.

Even if Jets ended up trading him to Detroit, I seriously doubt he would be willing to stay.
CoconutBackwards

Post by CoconutBackwards »

He was with that piece of shit Tortorella in Columbus, so I don't blame him for wanting to get the fuck out of that nightmare.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

Zattaman wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:21 pm
hiramnicak wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:05 pm pierre-luc "prima-donna-kov" dubois? if yzerman's intent is to build a team around high compete and high intelligence, as his draft choices have indicated, this little punk doesn't really fit the bill.
+1

He bailed on Columbus, now he wants to bail on the Jets. I guess he wants to play for a winner.

Even if Jets ended up trading him to Detroit, I seriously doubt he would be willing to stay.
Even though the Wings do need a center badly, if there was one player i would want from the Jets, it wouldn't be Dubois. I would want Kyle Connor not Dubois. I would have no problem trading Bertuzzi in a package for Connor but i doubt the Jets would want Bertuzzi.

Vegas apparently has a verbal agreement on a new contract with Reilly Smith but it can't be official since they are already over the cap and seriously need to lose some salary. One name being talked about is 29 year old center William Karlsson with 5 more years at a 5.9 mil cap hit. Another name i've heard is 26 year old LD Shea Theodore who is signed for 3 years at a 5.2 mil cap hit. I would think they would move an older Martinez long before Theodore but who knows with Vegas. If Theodore is available, Yzerman should be all over that. The cost would likely be high though.
Machine

Post by Machine »

Pass on Pierre
Seems okay but….
As for Vegas hopefully there’s some pick compensation for helping them out of their own predicament
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

He would certainly fill a need but I am leery of trading for a malcontent which it seems he may be. Having said that both of the Kanes are dicks and I don't think the Oilers would have made to the Conference Finals without one of them (there was concern that they may not even make the playoffs before trading for him) and the little one has won Cups, a Hart and a Conn Smythe Trophy
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

I would do something like 8+40+Bertuzzi for PLD & 14. Probably doesn’t get it done, but that’s about as high as I would go. Maybe I’d be willing to include Veleno or Zadina as well.

We’d be strong down the middle and have 2 high end wingers in Vrana & Raymond. At 14 we could still land a decent winger or LD.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

holytoledo wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:59 pm I would do something like 8+40+Bertuzzi for PLD & 14. Probably doesn’t get it done, but that’s about as high as I would go. Maybe I’d be willing to include Veleno or Zadina as well.

We’d be strong down the middle and have 2 high end wingers in Vrana & Raymond. At 14 we could still land a decent winger or LD.
Bert is a heart and soul kind of guy that you win with in the playoffs with. Despite being shit on by fans and media for not getting vaccinated he maintained that he wants to stay when questioned about the trade rumours generated by it.
I know we really need a good center but I wouldn't trade Bert straight up for him. And besides if he didn't like it Winnipeg, he probably wouldn't like it in Detroit. Even though they didn't make the playoffs this year, it is still a much better situation there
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

At this point it just feels like Dubois doesn't care enough to be the kind of player I once thought he'd be.
He has that Mantha-like ability to be invisible.