Draisaitl Trade Proposal?

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
puckstopper92

Draisaitl Trade Proposal?

Post by puckstopper92 »

A compelling case is made for this trade. In my opinion, Hronek is totally expendable with more defense prospects graduating soon. Veleno is essentially a throw in too since he's still very unproven. Vrana and the first are what would hurt the most. However, to get back a guy like Draisaitl, I'd make this trade in a heartbeat.

https://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit ... 22/280396/

CoconutBackwards

Re: Draisaitl Trade Proposal?

Post by CoconutBackwards »

A bunch of our garbage for one of the best players in the league.

If one of Seider or Raymond or even both aren't involved (which may still not be enough) in these "trade proposals" then it's just complete idiocy.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

lol I'd do that in a second because the wings give up practically nothing. Who knwos, with Holland as the GM of edmonton we could probably get McDavid for Danny D and the rights to Justin Abdelkader, need someone to pull that piano
Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

CoconutBackwards wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:12 am A bunch of our garbage for one of the best players in the league.

If one of Seider or Raymond or even both aren't involved (which may still not be enough) in these "trade proposals" then it's just complete idiocy.
Consider the other party involved.
DocBrown

Post by DocBrown »

No. Not with the pick, without maybe. Leon Draisaitl has collected 49 points without Connor McDavid in his career.
1.21 gigawatts! 1.21 gigawatts. Great Scott!
Zattaman

Post by Zattaman »

First, I'll say that I don't think Holland would ever trade Draisaitl. He's not the type of GM who would trade an All Star talent, a leader, one of the hardest workers on the team.

But, let's say he does. The ONLY reason Holland could trade Draisaitl would be to give himself some cap room.

Draisaitl's cap hit is 8.5.

Hronek + Vrana + Veleno is over that number, so that's a nonstarter.
I won't even mention that Edmonton already has 3 RD in Barrie, Ceci, Bouchard. So, there's no room for Hronek.

My asking price would be Edvinsson, Cossa, and two 1st round picks.
CoconutBackwards

Post by CoconutBackwards »

Wizard of Corsica wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:58 am
CoconutBackwards wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:12 am A bunch of our garbage for one of the best players in the league.

Consider the other party involved.
I think Holland is Moron Numero Uno, but it's not like he traded Zetterberg or Datsyuk for trash.

This trade proposal just reeks of a local homer.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

DocBrown wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:05 pm No. Not with the pick, without maybe. Leon Draisaitl has collected 49 points without Connor McDavid in his career.
do you happen to know how many games that is?

but yeah, he has Jari Kurri numbers
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

Drai @ $8,5M is a steal.

I wouldn't trade him for Larkin + Raymond + Seider.
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

The only way I see Holland trading Draisaitl is if the man wants out of Edmonton. He's a top five player in the league, and he's not paid like one. They have plenty of other routes they can run to build a better team around their stars, especially if they can rely on McDrai to outscore the bulk of their problems.