Boston fires Cassidy, hires Blashill?

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Boston fires Cassidy, hires Blashill?

Post by Pop Zeus »

Pop Zeus

Re: Boston fires Cassidy, hires Blashill?

Post by Pop Zeus »

Nevermind - fake account
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

Cassidy did get canned. I like him better than Tocchet as an option in Detroit.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

hiramnicak wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:44 pm Cassidy did get canned. I like him better than Tocchet as an option in Detroit.
Possibly. Don't know a lot about Cassidy. Don't like Tocchet.
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

Rumor going around has it Pastrnak wants out of Boston as well. If we can make that move without giving up our core guys, which we probably can’t, that’d be a fun add.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Pastrnak
Vrana - UFA - Raymond
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

hiramnicak wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:27 am Rumor going around has it Pastrnak wants out of Boston as well. If we can make that move without giving up our core guys, which we probably can’t, that’d be a fun add.

Vrana - UFA - Raymond
Rumor has it they would want a 1st, 2nd, young NHL player and a top prospect. He's also a UFA after next season. I would imagine the Bruins will want a good young center in the deal unless they get a high enough draft pick to be able to draft one (like the Devils 2nd overall).

Not sure the Wings are in position to be able to make a deal like this for a winger when they can't even ice a decent 2nd line center and the left side of the defense is weak as hell. Devils and Kings are in much better positions to be able to make a deal for Pastrnak. The 2nd line center might be had with a UFA but the left side of the defense likely won't. The only LD i want on the UFA market is Zadorov but to me they will still need another top 4 LD unless they want to bank on Edvinsson being that right from the start. Not sure Yzerman will gamble on that being the case. Personally i would rather use some assets to try and pry Sanheim out of Philly. Having a left side of Sanheim, Zadorov and Edvinsson would be a massive improvement over what we had this season. Add in a center on the UFA market like Trocheck, Kadri or Malkin and i think the Wings are a playoff team on paper. Even without getting a center, the Wings would be much improved just from that defense along with a decent coach.
CoconutBackwards

Post by CoconutBackwards »

Pastrnak scored 40 goals this year.

We have nothing to offer them outside of our best players and draft picks on top.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

CoconutBackwards wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:18 pm Pastrnak scored 40 goals this year.

We have nothing to offer them outside of our best players and draft picks on top.
i suspect you're right. there are going to be teams able and willing to give up a bigger haul than i would for him. we have the cap advantage of being able to extend him gratuitously immediately, but he doesn't have a full nmc, so that might not mean too much. i'd offer boston something like hronek + berggren + 2022 1st + 2023 2nd, and see if that starts a conversation, but that's a pretty lousy package for a top ten finisher. i wouldn't be willing to package any of larkin, raymond*, seider, or edvinsson. boston is going to be in full rebuild mode if bergeron retires and pastrnak see-ya-laters, so i doubt bertuzzi or vrana move the needle enough to make sense. i doubt zadina and rasmussen hold any trade value.

*i might do pastrnak for raymond straight-up, granted that pastrnak has some sort of verbal agreement to re-sign on arrival, but that's such an incremental move for the team that i don't see the need. pastrnak is certainly better than raymond at this point in time, but we'd still be a one-line team. anyway, i think part of the draw for pastrnak would be getting off the down elevator and getting on the up elevator.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Pastrnak makes no sense for where this team is at right now.

My gut tells me we are giving Edvinsson, Johansson, Berggren & Soderblom every chance to make the team next year and that we’re basically tanking one more year. Also, if either Larkin or Bert aren’t extended by the deadline I suspect they’ll be moved.

Don’t really wanna suck again next year, but breaking in all of those rookies and getting another top 5 pick is probably the right move for the long term.
Slapper

Post by Slapper »

hiramnicak wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:27 am Rumor going around has it Pastrnak wants out of Boston as well. If we can make that move without giving up our core guys, which we probably can’t, that’d be a fun add.

Vrana - UFA - Raymond
HELL NO! Most over rated player in the nhl and a giant wuss. Not worth what the wings would have to give up.