Cossa tearing it up

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
cska91

Cossa tearing it up

Post by cska91 »

https://whl.ca/article/red-wings-prospe ... the-week-3

Cossa is tearing it up in the WHL playoffs. His team is waiting for their Conference Finals opponent. How soon before he is in the NHL? I think we may see him as soon as next year.

"It doesn't mean shit."
Andrew Copp
dcz28

Re: Cossa tearing it up

Post by dcz28 »

It's a big step from juniors to the NHL. I think he plays at least one season in the AHL and go from there depending on how he does. No need to rush him and if he isn't the starter for the Wings, he is probably better off being the starter in GR next season to play a lot and get use to the pro game. We'll see how he handles not being behind a stacked team and seeing a lot more shots and high quality scoring chances.

I hope he does well right off the bat but chances are there will be some up and downs as he adjusts to the pro game. GR could be an interesting team to watch next season and they should have more drafted prospects instead of mainly career AHLers like they had this year.
cska91

Post by cska91 »

I agree that it's a huge adjustment. But if he is playing in Grand Rapids next season, he might get called up for a taste of NHL action, depending on circumstances.
"It doesn't mean shit."
Andrew Copp
winged wheel

Post by winged wheel »

Yzerman was asked about Cossa in his presser a few weeks ago and said he's not NHL ready yet but wouldn't speculate how far away he is. I think playing in GR and maybe getting a call up late in the season is possible.
Resmo112

Post by Resmo112 »

winged wheel wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:13 am Yzerman was asked about Cossa in his presser a few weeks ago and said he's not NHL ready yet but wouldn't speculate how far away he is. I think playing in GR and maybe getting a call up late in the season is possible.

that's my suspicion, if he plays well in GR he'll probably get some call ups
Machine

Post by Machine »

I agree if he tears it up in GR we might see him next year
Zattaman

Post by Zattaman »

.932 save percentage after 8 playoff games.

Next round might be interesting. Assuming Winnipeg ICE advances, Cossa will face a guy with .926 save percentage.