Blashill gone

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
cska91

Re: Blashill gone

Post by cska91 »

Trotz had one year left on his agreement. Lots of Islanders fans are furious. This has to be a no brainer, unless Yzerman feels he can't work with Trotz and there is a lack of personal rapport. Trotz also would command a big paycheck and ownership would have to be on board.

"It doesn't mean shit."
Andrew Copp
Zattaman

Post by Zattaman »

Every season under Trotz, the NYI got better on the PK and the PP. Now, I'm sure there are contributing factors, like new players/better rookies. But, that's one stat that stood out for me.

In other news, the Sens fired McGuire. He was their VP of Player Development.
JimIsJustPlainOld

Post by JimIsJustPlainOld »

Zattaman wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:28 pm Every season under Trotz, the NYI got better on the PK and the PP. Now, I'm sure there are contributing factors, like new players/better rookies. But, that's one stat that stood out for me.

In other news, the Sens fired McGuire. He was their VP of Player Development.
Oh, crap! That means he's probably going to be back on tv before too long. Maybe even as soon as now.
Machine

Post by Machine »

Lol yeah he’ll snake his way back onto tv what a tool
winged wheel

Post by winged wheel »

Lol, I wonder how Pierre managed to get fired from VP of Player Development in less than a year?
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

winged wheel wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:27 pm Lol, I wonder how Pierre managed to get fired from VP of Player Development in less than a year?
They probably know they can get people to do it for 1/3rd the price.
JimIsJustPlainOld

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:10 pm
winged wheel wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:27 pm Lol, I wonder how Pierre managed to get fired from VP of Player Development in less than a year?
They probably know they can get people to do it for 1/3rd the price.
And 1/4th the know it all arrogance.
CoconutBackwards

Post by CoconutBackwards »

cska91 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:42 pm Trotz had one year left on his agreement. Lots of Islanders fans are furious. This has to be a no brainer, unless Yzerman feels he can't work with Trotz and there is a lack of personal rapport. Trotz also would command a big paycheck and ownership would have to be on board.
I don't blame the fans. This time last year Barstool was flooding the internet with Islanders fans at some Italian restaurant throwing each others' hats around during playoff games. Cut to this season and they were completely irrelevant the entire season. Someone is gonna take the blame.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady
JimIsJustPlainOld

I just don't think the Isles ever recovered from that 13 game road trip to start the season. You have more than 1/8 of the season gone before you get to play a home game or even get to be home. Plus injuries and that covid baloney added in.
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

CoconutBackwards wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:58 pm
cska91 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:42 pm Trotz had one year left on his agreement. Lots of Islanders fans are furious. This has to be a no brainer, unless Yzerman feels he can't work with Trotz and there is a lack of personal rapport. Trotz also would command a big paycheck and ownership would have to be on board.
I don't blame the fans. This time last year Barstool was flooding the internet with Islanders fans at some Italian restaurant throwing each others' hats around during playoff games. Cut to this season and they were completely irrelevant the entire season. Someone is gonna take the blame.
Some are now saying there were issues between Barzal and Trotz. Barzal had been benched by him a couple of times. I wonder if Barzal quietly asked for a trade...that would explain that rumor of Yzerman making an offer for Barzal at the trade deadline. Would also explain why Lou chose to fire Trotz now if the only other option was to trade Barzal...if true i kind of wish they would have kept Trotz and traded Barzal to the Wings. Easier to find a coach than a top line young center.