Edvinsson signed

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
Pop Zeus

Re: Edvinsson signed

Post by Pop Zeus »

holytoledo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:03 pm https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 432273001/

All signs point to him being a Red Wing next year, if not on opening day, sometime next season.

Starting to look that way for Johansson as well.

Bring Staal back and go one year with Seider - Johansson, Edvinsson - Hronek, Staal - Lindstrom. We’ll tank and develop them at the same time. Everyone but Staal would be 25 or younger.

Raymond - Larkin - Bert
Vrana - Kasper/Geekie/Nazar - Rasmussen
Veleno - Suter - Fabbri
Smith - Stephens - Zadina/Ernie

Johansson - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Staal - Lindstrom

Ned
I don't think Edvinsson/Johansson both start in Detroit.
1 or both will spend the season in the AHL.
Maybe with a cup of coffee in the NHL unless they absolutely crush it.

dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

Duke wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:07 pm I don’t want to hijack this Edvinsson thread, but it’s kinda gone that way already… so I’ll post this thought here to fit the discussion:

I think it was EJ Hradek who was speculating the other day about Pierre-Luc Dubois becoming available. The Jets are headed in the wrong direction and a rebuild may be coming. Speculation has been that they might be willing to trade Scheifele (as has been discussed on this forum), but Hradek thinks if they can’t lock up Dubois long term they may make him available. Just for discussion… any interest? He’s an RFA this off-season and still only 23. The Jets gave up Laine and Roslovic to get him (and a 3rd). What would it take now?
Everything i have read about the Jets trading a center is Scheifele not Dubois. Scheiflele is 29 while Dubois is 23...Dubois could fit a rebuild or retool...Scheifele not so much. If they are going to trade Dubois, they might as well trade Connor, Ehlers, Morrissey, Hellebuyck and pretty much burn everything to the ground. I don't see them doing that.
dcz28

Post by dcz28 »

Sign Trocheck and Zadorov, trade for Sanheim and Crouse. You reach the cap floor, fill a lot of needs and vastly improve the team so it should be a playoff contender with a decent coaching staff. I like this better than taking cap dumps for a 2nd round pick who may not be better than what we have now.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Duke wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:07 pm I don’t want to hijack this Edvinsson thread, but it’s kinda gone that way already… so I’ll post this thought here to fit the discussion:

I think it was EJ Hradek who was speculating the other day about Pierre-Luc Dubois becoming available. The Jets are headed in the wrong direction and a rebuild may be coming. Speculation has been that they might be willing to trade Scheifele (as has been discussed on this forum), but Hradek thinks if they can’t lock up Dubois long term they may make him available. Just for discussion… any interest? He’s an RFA this off-season and still only 23. The Jets gave up Laine and Roslovic to get him (and a 3rd). What would it take now?
Kind of had wondered about him too. I don't think he's an Yzerman kinda guy. Also unless he won't sign in WPG because of the lack of parks I doubt they'd move him. Even if they go into some kind of a rebuild I don't see them tearing it down to the point where they'd move a 23 year old 1C. I think it'd take 1 of Edvinsonson/Seider and 1 of Raymond/Cossa/our first for starters. Not sure we get better doing that and if we pay him 10 mil and then pay Larkin 10 mil we need to start winning ASAP.
Wizard of Corsica

Post by Wizard of Corsica »

Pop Zeus wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:41 pm
holytoledo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:03 pm https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 432273001/

All signs point to him being a Red Wing next year, if not on opening day, sometime next season.

Starting to look that way for Johansson as well.

Bring Staal back and go one year with Seider - Johansson, Edvinsson - Hronek, Staal - Lindstrom. We’ll tank and develop them at the same time. Everyone but Staal would be 25 or younger.

Raymond - Larkin - Bert
Vrana - Kasper/Geekie/Nazar - Rasmussen
Veleno - Suter - Fabbri
Smith - Stephens - Zadina/Ernie

Johansson - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Staal - Lindstrom

Ned
I don't think Edvinsson/Johansson both start in Detroit.
1 or both will spend the season in the AHL.
Maybe with a cup of coffee in the NHL unless they absolutely crush it.
Who is going to beat Edvinsson out for a spot? Reports from Sweden are putting him in Seider's ballpark, If that's close to true, there's no chance he ever sees Grand Rapids except on his way to the beach.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

A top 4 role is Edvinsson’s to lose. It’s unfathomable that the Wings could bring in 2 LDs that would bump him from the top 4. Johansson seems to be on track as well. There’s not much out there. Nick Leddy is arguably the best free agent LD on the market.

Oesterle is signed. I’d guess we bring back Staal and then either Johansson beats out Oesterle and makes the club or goes to GR. Outside shot Sebrango bumps him as a bottom pairing guy for a while.

Stevie could deal for an LD, but what can we really afford to give up to make that happen? Neither Veleno nor Zadina is going to return a top 4 D unless it’s a cap dump. I don’t think we’ll give up on Rasmussen at this stage.

Bert could return a top 4 D+ but I just don’t see that happening.
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

CoconutBackwards wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:30 pm

I would love to have Pierre-Luc Dubois here.

He's a solid goal scorer and would make us a better team, IMO.
And yet Winnipeg sucked with PLD.
He'd improve Detroit, sure.
But is he also the kind of improvement that begins to install a ceiling. Kid might expect a lot of coin.
Jet fans speculate he wants $8Mx8.
Good price for a young kid with a history of motivational issues and who still has yet to match his sophomore year production?
Pop Zeus

Post by Pop Zeus »

holytoledo wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:08 pm A top 4 role is Edvinsson’s to lose. It’s unfathomable that the Wings could bring in 2 LDs that would bump him from the top 4. Johansson seems to be on track as well. There’s not much out there. Nick Leddy is arguably the best free agent LD on the market.

Oesterle is signed. I’d guess we bring back Staal and then either Johansson beats out Oesterle and makes the club or goes to GR. Outside shot Sebrango bumps him as a bottom pairing guy for a while.

Stevie could deal for an LD, but what can we really afford to give up to make that happen? Neither Veleno nor Zadina is going to return a top 4 D unless it’s a cap dump. I don’t think we’ll give up on Rasmussen at this stage.

Bert could return a top 4 D+ but I just don’t see that happening.
I just don't see a major league team planning to start the season with two rookie LDs, a sophomore RD, another sophomore RD, a young RD in Hronek and then Mark staal.

Unless you're trying to chase Larkin and Bertuzzi out of the organization..

Detroit could bring over Edvinsson, Wallinder and Johansson and start 1, and put two in GR.

At LD, you gotta go out and get Ben Chiarot, or Edler, or Maata or Zadorov or Kulak.
Machine

Post by Machine »

Dubois would be what is needed a C, although I think the price would be quite high
_sg_

Post by _sg_ »

Pop Zeus wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:55 am
CoconutBackwards wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:30 pm

I would love to have Pierre-Luc Dubois here.

He's a solid goal scorer and would make us a better team, IMO.
And yet Winnipeg sucked with PLD.
He'd improve Detroit, sure.
But is he also the kind of improvement that begins to install a ceiling. Kid might expect a lot of coin.
Jet fans speculate he wants $8Mx8.
Good price for a young kid with a history of motivational issues and who still has yet to match his sophomore year production?
I agree. I think in a couple years we'll be in a position to do better than PLD.

Just for the sake of argument, you have to believe Seider would get you almost anything. And we'd be left with

Edvinsson
Johansson
Wallinder
Mateychuk or Mintyukov ?
Hronek
<lots of pretty good candidates for 5/6 guys>

Ned/Cossa