Edvinsson signed

A place for general talk about the Red Wings, the NHL, hockey and prospects.
holytoledo

Edvinsson signed

Post by holytoledo »

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 432273001/

All signs point to him being a Red Wing next year, if not on opening day, sometime next season.

Starting to look that way for Johansson as well.

Bring Staal back and go one year with Seider - Johansson, Edvinsson - Hronek, Staal - Lindstrom. We’ll tank and develop them at the same time. Everyone but Staal would be 25 or younger.

Raymond - Larkin - Bert
Vrana - Kasper/Geekie/Nazar - Rasmussen
Veleno - Suter - Fabbri
Smith - Stephens - Zadina/Ernie

Johansson - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Staal - Lindstrom

Ned

holytoledo

Re: Edvinsson signed

Post by holytoledo »

holytoledo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:03 pm https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sport ... 432273001/

All signs point to him being a Red Wing next year, if not on opening day, sometime next season.

Starting to look that way for Johansson as well.

Bring Staal back and go one year with Seider - Johansson, Edvinsson - Hronek, Staal - Lindstrom. We’ll tank and develop them at the same time. Everyone but Staal would be 25 or younger.

Raymond - Larkin - Bert
Vrana - Kasper/Geekie/Nazar - Rasmussen
Veleno - Suter - Fabbri
Smith - Stephens - Zadina/Ernie

Johansson - Seider
Edvinsson - Hronek
Staal - Lindstrom

Ned
I don’t think we’d hit the salary cap floor with that roster. I think we’d end up more than 10 mil short of it. We can get a first from someone for taking on an overpaid goalie to be the backup and then another 1st or prospect or whatever for some other piece of dead weight. Could throw a fuck ton at Malkin on a 1 or 2 year deal if we wanted to.

Vrana - Malkin - Rasmussen
Raymond - Larkin - Bert
Fabbri - Suter - Zadina
Smith - Veleno - Sundquist
Murmansk16A

Post by Murmansk16A »

I'm sure Berggren will be in the lineup next season. He's too good for the AHL. I'd trade Suter and put Veleno at third line center.
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Murmansk16A wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:09 pm I'm sure Berggren will be in the lineup next season. He's too good for the AHL. I'd trade Suter and put Veleno at third line center.
Yeah, Berggren should make the team, Soderblom may too. I doubt anyone is interested in Suter at his cap hit and I’m not so sure Veleno ever ends up better than him. We kinda need Suter’s cap hit as things stand.

We’ve got 32 mil committed to 11 forwards, 7.5 committed to 4 D and 3 committed to Ned. I think we need to spend another 18 mil to reach the floor and ELCs aren’t gonna cut it.

Trocheck, Kadri, Strome, Malkin (really unlikely) and a few other Cs are out there. There’s pretty much nothing at LD.

Could see something like Zadina for Monaghan and a first to burn some cap. Maybe Vegas would send us a couple of picks to take the last 2 years of Martinez’s deal. Martinez & Monaghan would add up yo around 13 mil. Could still take someone’s cap dump at goalie too.

I don’t think we have the pieces to compete yet and don’t think giving 5-6 years at 6 mil+ to a C that’s 28 or older is a good answer for us right now. I’d take some cap dumps for more firsts and give the lottery one more shot. Even if Edvinsson, Johansson, Berggren & Soderblom all end up spending most of next year in the A it’ll probably be better than picking 12-16 next year.
Fil Zaronek

Post by Fil Zaronek »

holytoledo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:55 pm
Murmansk16A wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:09 pm I'm sure Berggren will be in the lineup next season. He's too good for the AHL. I'd trade Suter and put Veleno at third line center.
Yeah, Berggren should make the team, Soderblom may too. I doubt anyone is interested in Suter at his cap hit and I’m not so sure Veleno ever ends up better than him. We kinda need Suter’s cap hit as things stand.

We’ve got 32 mil committed to 11 forwards, 7.5 committed to 4 D and 3 committed to Ned. I think we need to spend another 18 mil to reach the floor and ELCs aren’t gonna cut it.

Trocheck, Kadri, Strome, Malkin (really unlikely) and a few other Cs are out there. There’s pretty much nothing at LD.

Could see something like Zadina for Monaghan and a first to burn some cap. Maybe Vegas would send us a couple of picks to take the last 2 years of Martinez’s deal. Martinez & Monaghan would add up yo around 13 mil. Could still take someone’s cap dump at goalie too.

I don’t think we have the pieces to compete yet and don’t think giving 5-6 years at 6 mil+ to a C that’s 28 or older is a good answer for us right now. I’d take some cap dumps for more firsts and give the lottery one more shot. Even if Edvinsson, Johansson, Berggren & Soderblom all end up spending most of next year in the A it’ll probably be better than picking 12-16 next year.
It depends on how good the rookies will be. If Edvinsson and/or Johansson can come in and improve the LD, Berggren and/or Soderblom improve the top 6, adding Trochek could make us a playoff contender.
I think Yzerman is itching to make a deal.
Larkin, Bert, Vrana, Hronek, Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson and out first are the only pieces that could provide a proven young impactful player in return
holytoledo

Post by holytoledo »

Fil Zaronek wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:57 am
holytoledo wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:55 pm

It depends on how good the rookies will be. If Edvinsson and/or Johansson can come in and improve the LD, Berggren and/or Soderblom improve the top 6, adding Trochek could make us a playoff contender.
I think Yzerman is itching to make a deal.
Larkin, Bert, Vrana, Hronek, Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson and out first are the only pieces that could provide a proven young impactful player in return
I don’t think adding 4 rookies is going to make us a playoff contender in year 1, especially when it would be the first time 3 of them have played in a North American league.
winged wheel

Post by winged wheel »

I agree that Yzerman is ithcing to make a deal. He's aquired a lot of prospects and picks these last few years, it's time to turn some of that into an impactful player, probably another good/great center. Having a ton of salary cap space helps also.
Duke

Post by Duke »

I don’t want to hijack this Edvinsson thread, but it’s kinda gone that way already… so I’ll post this thought here to fit the discussion:

I think it was EJ Hradek who was speculating the other day about Pierre-Luc Dubois becoming available. The Jets are headed in the wrong direction and a rebuild may be coming. Speculation has been that they might be willing to trade Scheifele (as has been discussed on this forum), but Hradek thinks if they can’t lock up Dubois long term they may make him available. Just for discussion… any interest? He’s an RFA this off-season and still only 23. The Jets gave up Laine and Roslovic to get him (and a 3rd). What would it take now?
hiramnicak

Post by hiramnicak »

winged wheel wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:59 am I agree that Yzerman is ithcing to make a deal. He's aquired a lot of prospects and picks these last few years, it's time to turn some of that into an impactful player, probably another good/great center. Having a ton of salary cap space helps also.
I agree. I wouldn't put Edvinsson on the block, but after the season Wallinder just had, I'd listen to offers on him.
CoconutBackwards

Post by CoconutBackwards »

Duke wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:07 pm I don’t want to hijack this Edvinsson thread, but it’s kinda gone that way already… so I’ll post this thought here to fit the discussion:

I think it was EJ Hradek who was speculating the other day about Pierre-Luc Dubois becoming available. The Jets are headed in the wrong direction and a rebuild may be coming. Speculation has been that they might be willing to trade Scheifele (as has been discussed on this forum), but Hradek thinks if they can’t lock up Dubois long term they may make him available. Just for discussion… any interest? He’s an RFA this off-season and still only 23. The Jets gave up Laine and Roslovic to get him (and a 3rd). What would it take now?
I would love to have Pierre-Luc Dubois here.

He's a solid goal scorer and would make us a better team, IMO.
Throughout history, every old man said the same thing about the younger generation. And old men die, and the world keeps spinnin'.
-Barbrady